15 March 2011

Six Week Project: Day Five

Just a quick post tonight sharing my "on the fly" meal with you. It was damp, chilly and rainy here today. As my girlfriend walked out the door this afternoon, I said quickly as it crossed my mind, "How about breakfast for dinner?" This is one of her favorites and mine as well, so she eagerly agreed that would be a wonderful way to cap off such a day.



I scrambled us some local, free-range eggs from Blue Rock Station with a hunk of Laurel Valley Creamery Cheddar. We had toast made out of Birdseed Bread from Crumbs Bakery, and a bowl of organic oranges from Whole Foods tossed with dried cranberries. I par-boiled some whole redskin potatoes from the Athens Farmer's Market, then quartered them and sauteed them in olive oil with garlic salt, pepper and parsley. Our toast was topped with local Amish butter and my homemade strawberry and black raspberry jams. It hit the spot.

Always remember to buy local.

No comments:

Post a Comment