12 April 2011

Six Week Project: 28, 29 and 30

Days 28 and 29 were somewhat boring, as leftovers had made their way into my fridge and alas, onto my plate again. Thursday night was left over sauce and pasta and chicken from Sunday, and Friday night I concocted a "taco salad" out of left over vegan chili, greens, sprouts, salsa, cheese and tortilla chips. It was delish.

Day 30 was slightly more exciting. What counted as my dinner on that Saturday was my late afternoon lunch I got the privilege of sharing with two of my best friends, Aly and Lisa. We caught up, laughed and as usual they gave me life guidance and I tried to return it. We met at Casa Nueva in Athens, one of my favorite places. Casa Nueva is locavorian heaven. They use as much seasonal, fresh, local stuff as they can. Their menu changes seasonally and their soups, veggies of the day, salsas and dressings reflect what's in season at the moment. I had the pleasure of having a dish of their Berry Medium salsa, whipped up with strawberries from last year's Chesterhill produce auction. It was awesome. It accompanied my wrap stuffed with refried beans, monterey jack cheese, greens, and guacamole, and a side salad topped with sesame soy dressing. Casa Nueva is heaven for me. See the photo evidence below. Always remember to buy local and eat well.


My yummy wrap. Note the vibrant red salsa that is accompanying it. Salsa-licious.


My friend Lisa's lunch: Open faced pita sandwich and tofu fries. Yummo.

1 comment:

  1. I have only been to Casa once, I think. It was the best breakfast I have had in awhile. You know how I love my breakfast burritos! Yumz.

    ReplyDelete