12 April 2011

Six Week Project: Day Thirty Two

Monday night. I can honestly say, I can't wait for Easter to roll around so that I can stop documenting every dinner I eat. Clearly, it is now Friday and I'm just now getting around to posting five blogs behind. These daily project things are just not my cup of tea. However...here we go. Monday night: Pigeon Peas.

On Saturday, I simmered dry pigeon peas that I had soaked overnight in a combination of chicken stock and coconut milk, with cilantro, peppers and onions. Then I added brown rice and simmered until the rice was cooked and the liquid had been absorbed. We ate these on Monday night with a big salad. Remember, buy local and eat well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bea Kay,
    Today is Friday 8. My wife Barbara are searching for Rhubarb and don't know where to find it since it is out of season. My stepson and daughter in law and our 2 grandchildren ages 3 and 5 are flying in from California tomorrow night and my stepson Jason wants Barb to make him a strawberry rhubarb pie. We would be happy with frozen since I doubt fresh is available. Also canned or jelly would be ok. Do you think J & J Produce would have any at this time of year? If not do you know anywhere around North East Ohio that would have it? We live in Newton Falls Ohio. My email is phillip1beer@gmail.com. If you read this in time and can be of help please email me.
    Thank you,
    Phil Beer

    ReplyDelete