15 April 2011

Six Week Project: Days 34, 35 and 36

The weather in Southeast Ohio in the spring time is amazing to me. Yesterday, I made a snuggly, comfort food supper, and we tucked into the couch, under a blanket and listened to the cold rain hit the roof of my porch. Tonight, Wednesday, just one day later, I fired up the grill on a beautiful, warm, sunny spring day.

I got good news this morning, and while leftovers were on the agenda, I was inspired to cook. Therefore, grill was fired, and after discussions of the grilled bread I made several weeks ago had been dominating my conversations, I decided some thick slices of spiced, grilled bread were definitely on the menu. They'd be accompanied by two chicken breasts from King Family Farm that I salted and peppered, then slathered with a cilantro-garlic spear-green onion-grapefruit pesto. These packed a garlic punch, but were tasty. This was only to be married with a big salad tossed in a grapefruit vinaigrette. It was zingy, springy and satisfying. Cheers. Please, if you love me, buy local and eat well.



For Thursday and Friday, it was leftover pigeon peas and rice, salad, sauteed spinach and pita bread. See you Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment