28 March 2011

Six Week Project: When Things Get Random

This blog post is going to cover days 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18. That's Thursday through Monday. Here's what happened...

If you follow this blog, you know that I've kind of been losing weight. Like, a lot of weight. A lot of weight as in a hundred pounds in two years. It hasn't been easy, but I made it to that bench mark in January. As that was my goal, I assumed it'd get easier. I was wrong. WAY wrong.

Over the past 2 months I've (as Nathan Lane in The Birdcage would say) "Yo-Yo-ed" between 185 pounds and 192 pounds. Trying to balance what I eat with how much I exercise, while also enjoying life and the food I love has been quite an uphill battle. After hitting a low point last week, I decided this weekend that I really need to eat as though I'm still trying to lose weight again. That is how my body feels the best, and while I don't care if I lose a significant amount of weight from this point, I do care that my body feels healthy, happy and balanced. Therefore, my eating has fumbled a bit over the past five days, trying to get back on the bandwagon that was steadily chugging away from me.

So, here's the low down. I'm eating less, again. I'm eating when I'm hungry, and only if I'm hungry. I can't eat as much bread as I want to, I just can't. I'm going to try to eat larger meals in the middle of the day and smaller dinners. I don't need the energy provided by 3 whole grain pancakes at 6pm. I need it at 10am when I'm dragging. Any processed foods that found their way into my diet this past weekend I spent at home will be cut out. I even bought local, organic cream to make my own butter. I am a locavorian queen with "Organic" at my right hand, and I will strive to keep my throne. Therefore, I have to say, this blog may not be as interesting, as my dinners have been sparse and somewhat boring. However, I made a commitment to finish, so I will.

Day 14: Banana Crunch Pancakes and Scrambled local eggs (inspired by the chitter chatter over these on Facebook)



Day 15: Left-over stuffed peppers, and a salad at my Mother's house

Day 16: Burger, oil and vinegar slaw and oven fried potatoes at my Mother's house

Day 17: A bowl of Kashi Honey Sunshine and a banana

Day 18: Half a cup of low-fat Greek Yogurt with 1/4 cup of pumpkin seed granola, a drizzle of honey, and dried tart cherries, a handful of Kashi crackers, and half an organic pink grapefruit

Tomorrow will be more exciting, I promise. I made vegan chili today, of which I am fairly proud. I bought organic avocados to eat with it, so at least there will be pretty pictures and a recipe. In the meantime, thanks for reading, and always remember to buy local and eat well.

No comments:

Post a Comment