02 April 2011

Six Week Project: Under the Weather

And yet another five days have passed without an update and therefore, yet another blog post will cover days 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23. Follow along...

This week, as I mentioned in my last post, I made some kickin' vegan chili. I love my vegan chili and I think it could easily stand up to, if not knock out Casa Nueva's vegan chili. Tofu, carrots, onions, peppers, beans, spinach, tomatoes...good stuff. That was Tuesday night. We ate it topped with organic avocado and it was fabulous, easy, and super healthy.



Then...Wednesday morning hit and along with it came a wretched stomach virus. To be fair, I wasn't feeling great on Tuesday, but I thought it was just a passing thing. Oh no. It was a miserable bug that stuck with me through Thursday afternoon. Therefore, Wednesday night I made scrambled eggs and potatoes for Tiffany, and toast for me, though I did sample a small helping of the other items. I was feeling a bit better by then.



No worries, however, because by Thursday morning the bug was back with a vengeance and I spent another day on the couch. Fortunately by Thursday afternoon I was feeling quite a bit better. That morning, Tiffany told me she had a hankering for grilled cheese. I got some white bread to make toast for myself, and some American cheese and made her one for dinner. Below is photo evidence that I do, on VERY RARE occasions, burn things. She assured me it still tasted good, however.



Friday and Saturday night were dinner-less. I ate larger meals during the day and sort of grazed on healthy goodies like hummus and pitas, figs, bananas, apples, and sweet potato chips. Tomorrow, I'm making a pot of sauce with chicken and salad. See you then. Remember, buy local and eat well.

No comments:

Post a Comment